- Probetag: Somatisches Basisjahr
probieren, kennenlernen & fragen
Didactic Principles of the Somatics Basics Training
In the interplay of different methods such as Continuum, Feldenkrais Method, Middendorf's Breath Experience, Body-Mind Centering®, experiential anatomy, Authentic Movement and Somatic Yoga, experiences and cognitive processes arise that are of great value for one's own development.
On the basis of each content-related module focus, we research and experience the corresponding body systems, effective principles, movement patterns, biological and emotional stages of development as well as their personal and social relevance. We make use of the fact that our physical development is in direct connection and interaction with our development of consciousness. Experience and reflection give us access to this. We create a space of emotional security and integrate group dynamic processes as support in the individual learning process.
Structure of the Somatics Basics Training
The Somatic Basics Training is part of our Somatic Practitioner education program. It forms Part A comprising 30 days (240 teaching units) over 6 five-day modules spread over one year. Part A is primarily for personal growth. Building on this, parts B, C, and D can be chosen. They enable the student to teach and work with individuals and/or groups.
- Module 1: Ground
- Module 2: Space
- Module 3: Individuation
- Module 4: Communication
- Module 5: Change
- Module 6: Initiation
The Somatic Basics Training combines knowledge from 8 different somatic approaches in the following subjects:
- Body - practice & experience
- Body - applied theory
- Philosophy/ context/ orientation
- Application/ research/ integration
- Processing/ individual and social relevance
- Contained open practice
Module 1: GROUND
- Contents: Beginning - being there - focusing sensory attention - the experience of the ground that supports from below - encounter with gravity and its counterforce
- Principles: Arriving - Trust/ Surrender - Yielding - Tensegrity - Being carried by the ground/ the earth
- Body Systems: Fascia-Skeleton-Musculature Synergy #1/ Cell & Cell Respiration/ Developmental Movements Overview
Module 2: SPACE
- Contents: Distinction interior/ exterior space - spatial perception + spatial experience Alignment in space - recognition of possibilities, multidirectionality - silence - potency
- Principles: directions/ orientation - kinaesthesia/ tensegrity - synaesthetic interaction of the senses in the perception of space - being carried by space
- Body Systems: Fascia-skeletal-musculature synergy #2/ diaphragms - horizontal planes/ sensory motor loop/ organs/ front-middle-back body
Module 3: INDIVIDUATION
- Contents: I/ others/ experiencing uniqueness - being separated/ being connected - diversity/ integration part 1 - making decisions - balance
- Principles: limits - wanting + choosing - yes/ no - center + periphery - balance
- Body Systems: developmental movements/ proprioception/ skin - membranes / ear labyrinth
Module 4: COMMUNICATION
- Contents: Communication with oneself, with others, with the environment - perceiving, sensing, feeling, thinking, acting - regulation processes - conflict management
- Principles: closeness/ distance - diversity/ integration part 2 - flexibility + assertion - fear + solution - empathy - logic - improvisation
- Body Systems: nervous system/ polyvagal theory/ head, larynx, mouth, hands/ fluids/ blood
Module 5: CHANGE
- Contents: withstanding emptiness / creating space - being changed / changing - transitions / part 1
- Principles: flexibility + hold - wish / desire / inspiration - confusion / irritation / disorientation - not knowing / carried in being
- Body Systems: fluids - lymph / heart / lungs / rib cage
Module 6: INITIATION
- Contents: birth + dying - transitions / part 2 - releasing attachments - celebrating change
- Principles: death / birth - embeddedness - basic trust - transcendence - energy - activity / passivity - being - surrender - sexuality - love
- Body Systems: uprightness, flexion, extension / embryology - sexual organs / birth
Founder of the Somatic Academy Berlin, Breath Therapist/based on the work developed by Prof. Ilse Middendorf, Continuum Teacher and Heilpraktiker (Psychotherapy).
"I had the honor and privilege to learn from the two founders Prof. Ilse Middendorf (Perceptible Breath / Erfahrbarer Atem) and Emilie Conrad (Continuum) and I am pleased to be able to pass on this work." Since 2012, Kai has been developing professional trainings at the Somatic Academy as well as programs dedicated to the application of Somatics in everyday life. He has been a co-curator of the Body IQ festival since 2015. Since 2003, he has developed the approach "Authentic Eros", which integrates - as a somatic application - bodywork, relationship communication and group-dynamic processes in the area of personal and interpersonal development. He is a member of the professional associations Atem, Continuum and ISMETA.
Feldenkrais-Practitioner / Somatic-Yoga-Practitioner / Dancer & Choreographer / Mountain Hiking Guide / Physiotherapist. Artistic Direction Dance & Somatic Research for Somatic Academy Berlin. Member in the German Feldenkrais Guild.
Conscious and vivid learning, the potential between individual freedom and collective relatedness within the environment, as well as joy and ease in movement are at the center of her teaching and of her continuous research. This approach is informed by deep-sensuous permeation and acting-thinking reflection. Her work includes performance projects, conference contributions and publications with the focus on somatics and choreography and on walking. Regular teaching-cooperation with universities i.a. with FU Berlin, UdK Berlin and with HZT Berlin.
Heike Kuhlmann works as dancer, pegagoge, choreogafer and BMC® Somatic Movement Educator/Therapist (SME/SMT). Her diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy (DIPL IBMT) has the emphasis on Body-Mind Centering®, Authentic Movement and Somatic Psychology. Since her Master in Performance Studies/ Choreografy she researchs how somatics can support the artistic expression. Being member of the Global Water Dances Performance Kollektiv Berlin she dances and choreografs sitespecific performances on the subject of water. She works on the connections between art/politics and art/pedagogy/therapy. In Berlin she teaches Contact Improvisation, Somatic Movement Education (e.g. Embodying Movement, Authentic Movement) and Contemporary Dance.
»For me, the Somatic Basics Training is a year of experience, research and learning that connects me with myself and the world again and again. It inspires and accompanies me in my own search for meaning. «— KS // Berlin
»Thank you for the wonderful journeys through the inner and outer landscapes.«— Miriam // Berlin
Die Anmeldung ist verbindlich.