Somatisches Basisjahr Modul 6
200 hrs / 6 modules / 5 somatic methods / 4 instructors
Didactic Principles of the Somatics Basics Training
In the interplay of different methods such as Continuum, Feldenkrais Method, Middendorf's Breath Experience, Body-Mind Centering®, experiential anatomy, Authentic Movement and Somatic Yoga, experiences and cognitive processes arise that are of great value for one's own development.
On the basis of each content-related module focus, we research and experience the corresponding body systems, effective principles, movement patterns, biological and emotional stages of development as well as their personal and social relevance. We make use of the fact that our physical development is in direct connection and interaction with our development of consciousness. Experience and reflection give us access to this. We create a space of emotional security and integrate group dynamic processes as support in the individual learning process.
Structure of the Somatics Basics Training
The Somatic Basics Training is part of our Somatic Movement Teacher program. It forms Part 1 comprising 30 days (240 teaching units) over 6 five-day modules spread over one year. Part 1 is primarily for personal growth. Building on this part 2 or an Specialization can be chosen. They enable the student to teach and work with individuals and/or groups.
- Module 1: Ground
- Module 2: Space
- Module 3: Individuation
- Module 4: Communication
- Module 5: Change
- Module 6: Initiation
The Somatic Basics Training combines knowledge from 8 different somatic approaches in the following subjects:
- Body - practice & experience
- Body - applied theory
- Philosophy/ context/ orientation
- Application/ research/ integration
- Processing/ individual and social relevance
- Contained open practice
Module 1: GROUND
- Contents: Beginning - being there - focusing sensory attention - the experience of the ground that supports from below - encounter with gravity and its counterforce
- Principles: Arriving - Trust/ Surrender - Yielding - Tensegrity - Being carried by the ground/ the earth
- Body Systems: Fascia-Skeleton-Musculature Synergy #1/ Cell & Cell Respiration/ Developmental Movements Overview
Module 2: SPACE
- Contents: Distinction interior/ exterior space - spatial perception + spatial experience Alignment in space - recognition of possibilities, multidirectionality - silence - potency
- Principles: directions/ orientation - kinaesthesia/ tensegrity - synaesthetic interaction of the senses in the perception of space - being carried by space
- Body Systems: Fascia-skeletal-musculature synergy #2/ diaphragms - horizontal planes/ sensory motor loop/ organs/ front-middle-back body
Module 3: INDIVIDUATION
- Contents: I/ others/ experiencing uniqueness - being separated/ being connected - diversity/ integration part 1 - making decisions - balance
- Principles: limits - wanting + choosing - yes/ no - center + periphery - balance
- Body Systems: developmental movements/ proprioception/ skin - membranes / ear labyrinth
Module 4: COMMUNICATION
- Contents: Communication with oneself, with others, with the environment - perceiving, sensing, feeling, thinking, acting - regulation processes - conflict management
- Principles: closeness/ distance - diversity/ integration part 2 - flexibility + assertion - fear + solution - empathy - logic - improvisation
- Body Systems: nervous system/ polyvagal theory/ head, larynx, mouth, hands/ fluids/ blood
Module 5: CHANGE
- Contents: withstanding emptiness / creating space - being changed / changing - transitions / part 1
- Principles: flexibility + hold - wish / desire / inspiration - confusion / irritation / disorientation - not knowing / carried in being
- Body Systems: fluids - lymph / heart / lungs / rib cage
Module 6: INITIATION
- Contents: birth + dying - transitions / part 2 - releasing attachments - celebrating change
- Principles: death / birth - embeddedness - basic trust - transcendence - energy - activity / passivity - being - surrender - sexuality - love
- Body Systems: uprightness, flexion, extension / embryology - sexual organs / birth
Founder of the Somatic Academy Berlin, Breath Therapist/based on the work developed by Prof. Ilse Middendorf, Continuum Teacher and Heilpraktiker (Psychotherapy)
"I had the honor and privilege to learn from the two founders Prof. Ilse Middendorf (Perceptible Breath / Erfahrbarer Atem) and Emilie Conrad (Continuum) and I am pleased to be able to pass on this work." Since 2012, Kai has been developing professional trainings at the Somatic Academy as well as programs dedicated to the application of Somatics in everyday life. He has been a co-curator of the Body IQ festival since 2015. Since 2003, he has developed the approach "Authentic Eros", which integrates - as a somatic application - bodywork, relationship communication and group-dynamic processes in the area of personal and interpersonal development. He is a member of the professional associations Atem, Continuum and ISMETA.
Theater, Linguistics & Political Science M.A., Founder of the Somatic Academy Berlin and the Center for Yoga and Voice
many years of work in the field of directing & dramaturgy, author. Since 2004 Yoga teacher and facilitator of the BDY/EYU, Somatic Yoga trainer. Breath therapist according to Prof. Ilse Middendorf, breath & voice instructor. Besides the encounter of eastern and western philosophical concepts of the body, her main interest is the theory & practice of somatic practices as well as the questions of social and political relevance of "somatics" today.
Dance | Choreography | Performance | Somatics | Artistic Research | Walking Art | Mountain Hiking Guiding
Continuing education lecturer and director of Environmental Somatics and EMERGE/ Somatic in Dance at the Somatische Akademie Berlin. Member of the German Feldenkrais Association & ISMETA-registered RSME/RSMT/RSDE.
Trained as a physical therapist, Feldenkrais teacher, and mountain hiking guide, as well as in contemporary dance, (contact) improvisation, instant composition.
Conscious and embodied learning, the potential between individual freedom and collective inclusion in the environment, as well as joy, ease, and consciousness in the movement are the focus of her teaching. Her research-oriented practice is informed by deep-sensing investigation and reflecting evaluation. Beyond teaching her work includes performance projects, conference papers, and publications focusing on somatics and choreography, as well as on walking. Regular teaching at universities including FU Berlin, UdK Berlin, and HZT Berlin. Artistic research collaboration with AREAL_artistic research lab Berlin.
Dancer, -educator, choreographer, Body-Mind Centering® SME -Integrative Bodywork and Movement Therapy-SMT, MA Performance Studies/Choreography, Mother
Since 2005 various research formats on dance and somatics. 2010-2021 Global Water Dances Performance Collective of Berlin - site-specific performances on the theme of water. As an ISMETA registered Somatic Dance Movement Educator (RSDME/RSME), she is interested in the human unfolding process, including the ability to meet others at eye level, find freedom of choice, and express creativity. The somatic approaches Body-Mind Centering® and Authentic Movement support creative processes by inviting complexity, dimensionality and diversity The self and relationship to the environment can be explored. Contact Improvisation is a dance form with two or more dancers by sharing a point of contact and weight. 2018-2019 Continuing Education: Discipline of Authentic Movement, Contact Improvisation.
»For me, the Somatic Basics Training is a year of experience, research and learning that connects me with myself and the world again and again. It inspires and accompanies me in my own search for meaning. «— KS // Berlin
»Thank you for the wonderful journeys through the inner and outer landscapes.«— Miriam // Berlin
prices & data
Vollpreis: 2900,– EUR
Monatliche Ratenzahlung: 12 ×250,– EUR
BerlinSAB Studio 1