- Einführungsworkshop: somatische Pädagogik
This innovative training combines several somatic methods (IBMT; BMC®, INPP, Feldenkrais, Cranio-Sacral Osteopathy, Experiential Anatomy, Authentic Movement) with the latest theory and research on child development. A somatic approach can provide effective and simple support for babies, children and adolescents who are facing challenges in learning, development or emotional regulation, whether big or small. This programme will support you to integrate somatic approaches into your practice, providing a combination of body awareness and embodiment training with practical somatic exercises and approaches appropriate to specific client groups.
Who is this training suitable for?
The training offers a comprehensive professional development programme suitable for those working with babies, children and young people in a range of education and health care contexts. It is relevant to educators, social workers, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists , paediatric nurses, doctors , teachers, psychologists and no medical practitioners in the field of dance, music and theatre provision for children.
This is a 200 hour Training programme organised into 7 modules. It is recognised as Part C of the Somatic Professional Training Programme.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of child development
- The ability to recognise the profound interconnections between the nonverbal and verbal dimensions of consciousness
- A somatic and theoretical understanding of the ongoing development and learning processes
- An understanding of the interpersonal emotional exchange of the development process and how to support it in relationship
- Knowledge of the psycho-physical processes of learning
- An understanding of Brain development
- The ability to recognise different developmental aspects of the different client groups
- The ability to integrate somatic approaches and methods into working with children
- An understanding of the Importance and fundamentals of communication with parents and carers
- Skills to recognise developmental and learning challenges within their client group.
Once qualified you will:
- Be able to develop playful-somatic movement programs for different age groups, which support their development.
- Be familiar with"preverbal language” and able to playfully integrate childhood movement development and reflexes in a variety of contexts
- Be able to recognise and understand the presence of persistent primitive reflexes and be able to implement strategies to address this.
- Be able to recognise compensatory behaviours in your client group
- Be able to identify and develop support possibilities for development and learning difficulties / blockages
- Create an appreciative, appreciative and attentive atmosphere as a place of learning and playing
- Proof of 10 hours observation.
- One class presentation
- Case study or practical research, documented in an essay of maximum 3,000
Applied somatic methods of further education:
- IBMT (Integrative Bodywork- and Movement Therapy)
- Neurophysiological Psychology
- Contact Improvisation
- Body-Mind Centering®
- Development of the vestibular system
- Primitive reflexes
- Postural reflexes
- Human Movement Development
- Brain development
- development of the nervous system
- information processing
- physiological learning processes
- new versus re-learning
- creating a supportive space for learning
- dealing with resistance
- achievement evaluation
- age-appropriate mediation
- 8-11 (development of sexuality)
- 3-7/8 (Postural reflexes should be integrated)
- Games: Movement activities / Support / Touch
- Touch: as support not as correction /alternatives to touch
- Experiential Anatomy
- A variety of Somatic methods
- Context / practical application / practice fields
- Hands on
- Case study discussions
Module 1: Saturday 04.04. - Tuesday 07.04.2020
Module 2: Monday 19.10. - Friday 23.10.2020
Module 3: Friday 08.01.- Sunday 10.01.2020
Module 4: Monday 05.04. - Friday 09.04.2021
Module 5: Monday 02.08. - Friday 06.08.2021
Module 6: Friday 29.01. - Sunday 31.01.2021
Module 7: Monday 11.10. - Friday 15.10.2021
Heike Kuhlmann works as dancer, pegagoge, choreogafer and BMC® Somatic Movement Educator/Therapist (SME/SMT). Her diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy (DIPL IBMT) has the emphasis on Body-Mind Centering®, Authentic Movement and Somatic Psychology. Since her Master in Performance Studies/ Choreografy she researchs how somatics can support the artistic expression. Being member of the Global Water Dances Performance Kollektiv Berlin she dances and choreografs sitespecific performances on the subject of water. She works on the connections between art/politics and art/pedagogy/therapy. In Berlin she teaches Contact Improvisation, Somatic Movement Education (e.g. Embodying Movement, Authentic Movement) and Contemporary Dance.
BerlinSAB Studio 1
- Sozialpreis: 10.00 EUR
- Full Price: 15.00 EUR
- Supporter Price: 20.00 EUR