Somatic Movement Training for childcare and education professionals
Somatic Movement Training for childcare and education professionals
- aus der menschlichen Entstehung zur Entfaltung -
Info Day: 8th of September, 12:00-18:00, 45€ - when booking the entire training, the 45€ will be deducted from the total price.
Our first language is body language. The psycho-physical foundations of how perceive, respond and behave in the world are established in the womb and our early childhood. An embodied understanding of movement development in the first two years is a valuable resource for anyone who works with children - from birth to young adulthood.
This innovative training combines several somatic methods (IBMT; BMC®, INPP, Feldenkrais, Cranio-Sacral Osteopathy, Experiential Anatomy, Authentic Movement) with the latest theory and research on child development. A somatic approach can provide effective and simple support for babies, children and adolescents who are facing challenges in learning, development or emotional regulation, whether big or small. This programme will support you to integrate somatic approaches into your practice, providing a combination of body awareness and embodiment training with practical somatic exercises and approaches appropriate to specific client groups.
Who is this training suitable for?
The training offers a comprehensive professional development programme suitable for those working with babies, children and young people in a range of education and health care contexts. It is relevant to educators, social workers, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists , paediatric nurses, doctors , teachers, psychologists and no medical practitioners in the field of dance, music and theatre provision for children.
This is a 200 hour Training programme organised into 7 modules that take place in 2018/2019. It is recognised as Part C of the Somatic Professional Training Programme.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of child development
- The ability to recognise the profound interconnections between the nonverbal and verbal dimensions of consciousness
- A somatic and theoretical understanding of the ongoing development and learning processes
- An understanding of the interpersonal emotional exchange of the development process and how to support it in relationship
- Knowledge of the psycho-physical processes of learning
- An understanding of Brain development
- The ability to recognise different developmental aspects of the different client groups
- The ability to integrate somatic approaches and methods into working with children
- An understanding of the Importance and fundamentals of communication with parents and carers
- Skills to recognise developmental and learning challenges within their client group.
Once qualified you will:
- Be able to develop playful-somatic movement programs for different age groups, which support their development.
- Be familiar with"preverbal language” and able to playfully integrate childhood movement development and reflexes in a variety of contexts
- Be able to recognise and understand the presence of persistent primitive reflexes and be able to implement strategies to address this.
- Be able to recognise compensatory behaviours in your client group
- Be able to identify and develop support possibilities for development and learning difficulties / blockages
- Create an appreciative, appreciative and attentive atmosphere as a place of learning and playing
- Proof of 10 hours observation.
- One class presentation
- Case study or practical research, documented in an essay of maximum 3,000
Applied somatic methods of further education:
- IBMT (Integrative Bodywork- and Movement Therapy)
- Neurophysiological Psychology
- Contact Improvisation
- Body-Mind Centering®
◦ Development of the vestibular system
▪ Primitive reflexes
▪ Postural reflexes
- Human Movement Development
- Brain development
◦ development of the nervous system
◦ information processing
◦ physiological learning processes
◦ new versus re-learning
◦ creating a supportive space for learning
- Self awareness
◦ dealing with resistance
◦ achievement evaluation
◦ age-appropriate mediation
◦ 8-11 (development of sexuality)
◦ 3-7/8 (Postural reflexes should be integrated)
- Practice-related mediation
◦ Games: Movement activities / Support / Touch
◦ Touch: as support not as correction /alternatives to touch
- Experiential Anatomy
- A variety of Somatic methods
- Context / practical application / practice fields
- Hands on
- Case study discussions
Module 1 Monday, 26 - Friday, 29 March 2018
Module 2 Monday, 02 - Friday 06 July 2018
Child Development 1
Module 3 Friday, 02 - Sunday 04 November 2018
Movement play: Interaction with children (0-3/3-7 J)
Module 4 Monday, 04 - Friday 08 February 2019
Child Development 2
Module 5 Dienstag, 23 - Friday 26 April 2019
Movement and Learning
Module 6 Friday, 02 - Sunday 04 August 2019
Movement, play and creativity with children (8-12/13-16 J.)
Module 7 Monday, 14 - Friday 18 October 2019
Somatic work with Children - The Practice
Training Dates 2020/21
Module 1: 03.02. - 07.02. 2020
Module 2: 04.04. - 07.04. 2020
Module 3: 26.06. - 28.06. 2020
Module 4: 19.10. - 23.10. 2020
Module 5: 29.01. - 31.01. 2021
Module 6: 02.08. - 06.08. 2021
Module 7: 11.10. - 15.10. 2021
Curriculum / Individual Module contents
|Module 1||Embryological Foundations (4 days / 28h)|
|Module 2|| Child Development 1 (5 days / 35h)
|Module 3|| Movement play: Interaction with children (0-3/3-7 J) (3 days / 21h)
|Module 4|| Child Development 2 (5 days / 35h)
|| Movement and Learning (4 days / 28h)
|Module 6||Movement, play and creativity with children (8-12/13-16 J.) (3 days / 21h)|
|Module 7||Somatic work with Children - The Practice (5 days / 35h)|
IBMT Practioner,Somatic Movement Educator & Therapist, Dance Educator, Dancer ,
INPP, Feldenkrais Practioner, Dancer, Choreographer, Mother
BMC® Practitioner, Somatic Movement Educator & Therapist, Dancer, Choreographer, Mother
& Guest Teachers
In memory of Ania Witkowska
Until her sudden death in April 2019, Ania Witkowska participated in the development and implementation of the Somatic Movement Training for childcare and education professionals
We miss her very much. Her positive and joyful nature accompanies us in the memory and realization of this common work.
She focused on enabling babies to arrive in the world safely as well as supporting the parents at birth. We will carry on the work in her spirit
and continue to carry Ania in our hearts.
Full program: 3200 € + Certification 200€
Earlybird (until December 20, 2019): 2900 € + Certification 200€
12 Installments full program: 12 × 270 €
All modules are accessable without any restrictions and all modules can be booked individually as well.
3 Days Module: Earlybird (until 6 weeks before): 370 € / full price 400 €
4 Days Module: Earlybird (until 6 weeks before): 470 € / full price 500 €
5 Days Module: Earlybird (until 6 weeks before): 570 € / full price 600 €
Contact & Booking: email@example.com